- Is this Parent Taught Driver Education course approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR)?
Yes. It is a “Downloadable PDF.”
- What does this course include?
- 32 hours of Classroom Instruction (Modules 1-12)
- 14 hours of Behind-the-Wheel Instruction (Module 13)
- (5) DPS “Road Rules” Sample/Practice Tests & Answers ($50 value)
- (5) DPS “Road Signs” Sample/Practice Tests & Answers ($50 value)
- (1) One – DE964 Certificate of Completion for “Learner License”
- (1) One – DE964 Certificate of Completion for “Driver License”
- Why should I choose ParentTaughtDrivingCourse
- We offer the same State Approved course as a “Traditional Classroom,” but at a fraction of the cost!
- State Approved | Affordable | Self Paced
- Texas Based | 25 Years in Driver Training | Family Owned
- Can I start now?
Yes, but if you have not requested your Parent Taught Driver Education (PTDE) Program Guide from TDLR,
(Please note that TDLR will charge a separate and additional fee for the Parent Taught Driver Education (PTDE) Program Guide, that is not included or associated with our course fee).
- What is the age requirement to enroll in this course?
This course is approved for ages 14-17, however if a student begins this course at age 14, he/she must wait to age 15 before testing for a “Learner” License.
- What is the difference between this course and a “Classroom” course?
In terms of Course content and State approval, nothing. However, our course is much less expensive and more convenient.
- Is this course refundable?
No, you will have already received necessary materials for course completion.
- What is the difference between the “Concurrent” & “Block” method of instruction?
Yes, the “Concurrent” method allows the student to apply and test for a “Learner” license after successfully completing Module 1 of our course and also allows the student participate in both the Classroom (Modules 2-12) & Behind-the-Wheel (Module 13) phases concurrently. The “Block” method requires a student to successfully complete Modules 1-12, before applying to test for a “Learner” license and before beginning Module 13.
- What is a (PT DE-964) Certificate of Completion and is it included?
It is an official state document included with the purchase of our course and required by the DPS to apply and test for a “Learner” & “Provisional” license.
- How can I get a blank Verification of Enrollment (VOE) form?
You may request it from your student’s Administration office or Click https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/driver/forms/VOE.pdf
- Are there additional requirements aside from completing this course?
Yes, the DPS requires the Impact Texas Teen Drivers (ITTD) Certificate, for details click https://impacttexasdrivers.dps.texas.gov/ITTD/ . The DPS also requires an additional 30 hours of Behind-the-Wheel instruction (The 30 hour Log and instructions are included in our download folder.)
- What will I need to take to DPS to apply for a “Learner” license and then a “Provisional” license?
- What do I do if I have not received my DE-964 Certificate of Completion?
We email the DE964 Certificate of Completion with in 3 days of registration. The email subject line reads, “DO NOT DELETE – DE964 CERTIFICATE – ATTACHED…” Check your SPAM folder. If you cannot locate your DE964 after checking your SPAM, please feel free to contact us through our “Contact Us” tab on our homepage and include your students name. Also, please note that if you used your work email, your employer may have security measures in place that might have rejected our DE964 email and attachments.
- How do I access the study material?
The course download link is available at the point of purchase, in the receipt emailed to you and in the “DE964” email we sent you (check your SPAM).